FCSON will consider accepting transfer credits or clock hours earned at another postsecondary institution accredited by an agency recognized by the US DOE for general education courses. An official transcript must be sent directly to FCSON from the postsecondary institution that the transferring student attended.
The Provost (or their designee) and Registrar will make the final determination if transfer credit will be granted. The decision is final and not appealable. The following criteria must be met for a course to be transferred:
- The postsecondary institution from which credit is been transferred must be accredited by an agency recognized by the U. S. Department of Education or by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation.
- The course(s) being transferred are a part of a curriculum that has been approved and/or accredited by a state board of nursing in the U.S, the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission, by an accrediting agency recognized by the U. S. Department of Education, or by an accrediting agency that is a member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- The course or courses are determined to be comparable in both content and duration to a course or courses offered by Felbry College.
- A copy of a detailed syllabus for the course that includes a topical outline of the course’s content must be provided.
- A grade of “C” must have been earned for the course.
Refer to the Transfer of Credit Policy for details and additional information.