AAS PROGRAM COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
The student must completely satisfy the following requirements for completion of either the Practical Nursing (PN) or the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS) programs for graduation from the college, and to be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination NCLEX-PN, or NCLEX-RN).
1. Students must satisfactorily pass all courses with a final grade of (78%) or better and earn a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 or higher. For courses with a clinical or lab component, each component must be satisfactorily passed for the student to receive a passing grade for the course. Failure of any component results in failure of 2. the course, regardless of the grade average already earned for the remainder of the course.
In the final course of the program, a national NCLEX-RN or NCLEX-PN performance predictor exam is used as an exit exam. Students must complete the exam with a standardized passing score as recommended by the assessment company and stated in order to pass the exam
Because the exam is comprehensive, covering all courses taught in the program, students will be given a baseline exam ( MOCK) and two final attempts to pass the exam.
Failure to pass the exam will result in a failing grade and repeating the course at own expense. Students who fail the course a second time will be dismissed from the program.
3. Discharge all financial obligations and pay all outstanding fees.
4. File a graduation application.
5. Upon successful completion of the above requirements;
Submit a completed Graduate Audit Form.
The Program Administrator will submit a program completion certificate to the Ohio Board of Nursing that the student is eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN or NCLEX-PN.
6. Graduates are responsible for filing their own applications to take the NCLEX-RN or NCLEX-PN and for paying all associated fees.
7. Felbry College will reimburse the cost of the NCLEX-RN OR NCLEX-PN to any graduate who takes and successfully passes the exam within three (3) months of completing the program.
Note: Felbry College reserves the right to require additional testing to assess NCLEX readiness for graduates that do not submit a completed Graduate Audit Form within three (3) months of completing the last semester of the program.